Sunday, November 5, 2023

Never Got A Cruise?

My friend Larry just wrote a very funny blog post called, "Confessions of a Plate Licker".  In it he talks about all the free meal requests he gets in the mail.  He's actually accepted a number of them and had a good time eating well and listening to financial seminars.  Once, he even pretended to be someone else. He was going to call the blog, "Never Had a Dinner," after the famous comedian Red Buttons, who had this whole routine about people who never got a dinner in history.  Since Larry's wife and my wife never want to go to these free dinner events, we decided to meet in Virginia in the future and he can show me how this is all done.

I have a better idea, Larry.  Have you ever gotten a free cruise? Guess what my wife was invited to? A FREE CRUISE! Take a look below and see the postcard she just received this week.


It's Courtyard by Marriott, so it's not some fly by night hotel.  All we have to do is check out the "Cruise exhibit at the Conference Center and learn how to prevent the rising cost of travel from dictating our future travel plans."  It's probably a two-hour sales pitch, but it does say, "This is not a Timeshare or Real Estate solicitation."

"Tell them Johnny, what are they going to get?"

1. "A five-day cruise and we pick the cruise line."

2. "All meals, snacks and entertainment for two adults."

3. "A two-night Marriott hotel stay."

4. "Promotional round trip airfare is available on select travel dates."

5."And if you're in the first 50 callers, you will also receive a $100.00 dining savings card valid at Red Robin, Chilis, Longhorn Steakhouse and many more."

We would have to pay resort fee, gratuities, and taxes on the trip, but are you kidding me?

Larry, my wife, Monika, doesn't want to go, I think you can pass for a Monika.  Get down here to Myrtle Beach and we'll go to the seminar and then plan our vacation. Or, she said she would go if you and your wife go.  She doesn't want to just go with me!

What do you think? We have until 11-9 to call. Let me know, you have my number.

Wait, there's more: I'm selling a book and the average cruise has 3,000 passengers.  If one out of ten buy my book, I can make money on this trip! Wouldn't that make anything I do tax deductible!

We have to do this Larry!


  Larry's post:    https://alittlebitoflarry.substack.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment