Thursday, May 30, 2024

Take Me Out To The Ballgame!

It took six years in Myrtle Beach for me to get out to the minor league park and see a baseball game.  My friend, Paul, suggested we should go and we had a good time on a beautiful night Wednesday.  The Myrtle Beach Pelicans are an affiliate of the National League Chicago Cubs.

They were playing The Charleston River Dogs, an affiliate of the American League, Tampa Bay Rays.  Actor Bill Murray is a co-owner and his exact title is Director of Fun. The main owner is Mike Veeck, the father of "Night Train" Veeck, my fourth favorite rider that I wrote about in my book.

I thought I was going to get a break from being around a dog at home, but this a picture of the Bat-Dog, "Woof". I don't know the dog's real name.  The dog works for the Pelicans and brings the bats to the girl in the picture who gives the dog a treat.  The dog got a lot of treats last night.


Below is the Pelican mascot, Splash.  He/she did some dancing on the roof of the dugout and tossed out some free t-shirts.  He/she has really big feet.


I had a healthy dinner of two hot dogs and French fries.  They would not take my money of course and just accepted my credit card.


It was a good game which the Pelicans won 3-1.  After the first couple of innings it moved very quickly.  There were close to 3,000 people in attendance.  Below is a picture of what are view was right behind the home dugout.  The netting protected us from the foul balls and there were a lot of them.  I might do this again sometime.



No comments:

Post a Comment