Saturday, July 18, 2026

Tell Her Your Good News

There is always good news, unfortunately we don't hear about it enough.  At 34 years old, Megan Keaveny was looking for some good news. She had posted flyers in New York City asking people to send her some good news, but she didn't get a very good response. So she made the below sign and stood on a corner and recorded people telling their good news.


The result was 78,000 followers watching her videos on TikTok and Instagram.  She works as a social media consultant and she wanted to convince people that the internet doesn't need to be a negative place. She said, "I want to build spaces for us to take deep breaths together and learn to celebrate one another as human beings again. I think there's a collective craving for belonging the times we're in."

How about that? Here's someone who is celebrating strangers in a different way than I do! People tell her about something positive in their family or with their health.  She explained, "I think it's beautiful for someone to invite me and a bunch of other strangers into these situation because it's really powerful to find hope together."

It is really powerful and I can relate to what she is doing and applaud her for her efforts.  As one of my riders said, "This gives me more faith in humanity."


 

No comments:

Post a Comment