In 2024 there were 30 million Uber rides given PER DAY around the world. Yes, per day. When those rides were over, there are things left in the Uber. Some of them are returned and some just stay lost. They could have been taken by someone else or the driver, because sometimes it's difficult to know who lost an item. But what kind of items are lost?
The most common item is a phone with around 1 million phones being left in Ubers. The city with the most frequently reported items is New York City. (Miami, Chicago, San Francisco and Los Angeles were the next on the list.)The other most common items are wallets, luggage, keys, headphones, clothing passports, eyeglasses, jewelry and laptops.
Personally, phones are definitely number one, but I've had keys, headphones, glasses, and also money. Of course, my riders give me unusual things for my museum, including a mannequin which did make the list of unusual things.
When an item is returned Uber charges the rider $20 which goes directly to the driver unless they receive cash from the passenger. I had one passenger give me $50 and another everything in his wallet which was around $46.
What are some of the unusual things people leave in an Uber? You're not going to believe some of these, but this is an official list. I'm going to list only 10 items.
Dentures with two teeth (Did they eat dinner without them?)
Oxygen tank (How far did they get without it?)
Live fish (I'm guessing they weren't sharks)
420 donuts (No milk?)
Two trees (In the trunk?)
A dishwasher (How big was it?)
Shower pole (Is there a pole in your shower?)
Propane tank(I can understand that, they are heavy)
Meat slicer(Did they take the meat?)
A 75 gallon fish tank (They weren't holding it?)
No comments:
Post a Comment