DOCTOR TALES
Being an author I'm always thinking about what would make an interesting book, how about "Doctor Tales?" I'm sure there are plenty of unusual and interesting stories that people have had over the years. This month I got a call from my doctor's office that I have to fill out the yearly registration form. Every year they have fill out all your information on a few pages to confirm everything and that you want their office to take care of you for the next year. Can you imagine if everyone had to do it? I did it, but I was laughing when I did.
HOW MUCH IS 8 +3?
Usually when I take my granddaughter to the park we are the only ones there. This week there was a child I had seen before but with his dad who I had never met. We hit it off immediately, he's a math teacher. We were talking numbers and having a great time until he made a comment as an example that 8 plus 3 is 13. I let it go since I had just met him, but a couple minutes later he said it again. I was laughing and I told him what he said which surprised him. I had forgotten his name and said, "I'm sorry I forgot your name and I don't want to call you "8 +3." He laughed and we had a great conversation as we watched and played with the kids.
"I WILL FOLLOW HIM"
In January 1963, 14-year-old Peggy March recorded this song and in April when she was 15 the song went to number one on the charts. She still holds the record for the youngest female to hit number one. I thought of this song today when our dog Odin was following me in the house. You can teach dogs a bunch of tricks, but you don't have to teach them how to follow you. The song goes, "I will follow him follow him wherever he may go, there isn't an ocean to deep, a mountain so high that can keep me away." But, how do you get someone to "unfollow you?"
CATCHING UP TO THE 70'S
My granddaughter has a special cereal bowl, well I thought it was special. I've never seen one with a straw to drink the milk in the bowl. My wife said it's been around since the 70's. I'm catching up on some things in retirement.
A PICKLE FOR ME?
You have to be joking, I don't like pickles. I must have tried them at some point as a kid or one of them was stuck in a sandwich, but I've never liked them. This month, in my former hometown of Edison at the infamous Harold's Deli, I did eat the below pickle. And, I was not surprised, it was awful. However, I have it documented now, I have eaten a pickle. How much do I care about pickles? I just accidentally deleted my one picture, but I do have three witnesses that I ate it.
WHOSE KEY WAS IT?
I was outside early this weekend in New Jersey and took a 45 minute walk around and around the hotel we were staying at for our family wedding. I was finishing up my walk when I saw this key on the ground. There were a few people packing their car and leaving and I figured one of them dropped their key. I didn't pick it up. Inside the hotel I reached for my key and figured out where I lost it and I went back outside and picked it up. Wouldn't it be great if every time you lost something you knew exactly where it was?



No comments:
Post a Comment