I asked her if her dad has any siblings and she said, "He has 16 brothers and I think four sisters. He was the youngest and my grandma had him when she was 60."
I told her when I asked a mom with two kids why she was in town and the mom said, "For the Future Strippers of America." (Her daughters were in a dance competition.) My rider said, "It's the only transferable occupation. I'm a scientist and a dancer."
I said to the young guy, "I know you're intelligent." He: "Don't tell me that, it goes right to my thighs."
The mother of three young boys said, "We'll eventually get a female dog to get another female in the house." She: "It's not a hobby, but I really love taxidermy. I once saw a bunch of animals on top of a shelf above a bar I went to. I take pictures of animals and think about it. I know it's not socially acceptable, but I could see doing it to a dog." Me: "So you like animals dead and alive?"
The young male flight attendant said, "I revere Uber drivers. They sacrifice their time, car and gas to get me to work." Me: "Have you had many good conversations with drivers?" He: "No, not at all. I just expected to sit here in your car."
He said, "My rich girl friend wouldn't marry me, but she took me around the world three times."
He wanted to give me something so he drew a picture of a frog. He: "Drawing frogs is a hobby of mine. My dad used to raise them and my mom would needlepoint frogs."
He: "My wife and I were in an Uber in Tampa and I told the driver we wanted to go to the strip. He didn't understand and started playing music and shaking maracas. He thought we wanted to go to a couples strip club with he and his wife."
I asked, "How did you become a tattoo artist?" She: "I "whoopsied" my way into it. I was working in a clothing store that I hated and going to a tattoo artist. She offered me a job in the office and a year later offered to train me as a tattoo artist. Now I'm traveling around the world and doing some tattoos in other countries."
The truck driver from Ethiopia said about the United States, "This is a great country, one of the best in the world. I love this country."
I asked the couple in the afternoon of July 4th, "What have you been up to today?" She said, "We were out shooting goats this morning." Me: "What were you doing?" She: "We were out shooting guns this morning."
His father taught him this, "If you want to change the world you have to treat people better than they treat you."
She: "I don't have any mannequin stories, but my friend has an eccentric neighbor who drives around with about six mannequins in her car like they are her family. When she pulls up to you she expects you to address the mannequins too. I think she rotates all the mannequins."
The hospital director told me this mannequin story: "When I was at the Arkansas Medical University we had three high tech dummies that were worth $60-$70,000 each for our sim lab. One day I went into the morgue and one of the dummies was lying there with its mouth open and no one was supposed to be there." It scared the hell out of him.
MORE RIDER COMMENTS
He: "I used to work in an art gallery in Guatemala and I got into real estate working in the art gallery."
Her ten-year-old did not want his mom to take any pictures of him. She said, "Dude what do you mean? Let's take some selfies!"
The older man said he was 88 and I said, "I'm 65." He replied, "Don't worry, you'll reach 100."
"I went to school with two people who were named, "Chandelier" and "Get D Money."
I picked up "Happiness." She told me, "My parents were very happy I was born although it was difficult. My middle name is blessing."
She: "My boyfriend says I have a maniacal giggle."
Having just moved to Alexandria, Virginia near Washington, D.C. she said, "I love the outdoor coffee shops."
I complimented her on her English and she said, "It should be good I have two masters and one doctorate and I'm teaching people."
With an unusual background, she told me, "I have been accused of being a spy."
"My three friends and I and our dads have just did our 19th and last golf trip together."
Living in Hawaii, she learned that her name Marisa, "It means, "Star of the Sea." Since I'm from Wyoming they call me, "Wyoming Star."
"New Yorkers are nice, but not kind. In Chicago, people can be mouthy."
"I used to work at the United Nations with the Security Council. I got the job through an internship."
The Uber driver from San Diego told his passenger, "If you don't want to talk on this ride, you should get another driver."
"I once had an Uber in Vegas that was all decked out with Elvis. It was like "The Jungle room" in Graceland and he had Elvis music playing the whole time."
She: "I left Michigan five years ago to get away from an abusive father."
After acquiring another company he said, "My business has tripled this year."
The truck driver who goes cross country said, "Nothing beats it."
He: "I was six feet tall in sixth grade and I only grew to six foot three inches."
She: "It was so hot in Wisconsin we had an hour of heat lightning."
UNIQUE JOBS
Water Resource Engineer
Two chemists
Post Partum Doula
Hospital Director
Professional Movers from California
Radiology Doctor in France
Home Day Care Business Owner
Electrical Engineering Professor in Germany
Worked at United Nations With the Security Council
Performance Analyst for The State of Colorado
Philanthropic Business Owner for Environment Issues
Training and teaching repair for portable cranes
Business owner teaching how to do hair extensions
House Flipper
I PICKED UP PEOPLE FROM THESE COUNTRIES:
Mexico, India, Chechnya(Soviet Union), Nigeria, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Philippines, The U.K., Zimbabwe, Eritrea.
WHAT RIDERS SAID ABOUT ME AND MY CAR
He: "You're connecting with people. With everything going on in the world, you're seeing the beauty in people."
"This is the coolest museum I've ever seen."
"It's rare to meet someone like you. This is the highlight of my day, God bless you."
The 23-year-old going to work at Amazon said, "You deserve a cash tip." ($20)
Getting out of the car after taking pictures she was at a loss of words, "I can't even explain this."
"This was kind of magical."
"These days it's refreshing to see someone caring about something."
"This is like a New York City bar."
"This was a treat."
"This was the best Uber ever."
"This takes the cake."
Returning from Japan he said, "Don't mistake my jet lag for a lack of excitement."
She: "Can I give you a hug?"
"I love the positivity."
"This was the most interesting Uber I've ever had."
"It's a beautiful thing."
"I love it, this is really cool."
"Keep doing this."
"I like how you set this up."
"Thanks for sharing."
"Thank you for the talk."
"Great conversation."
"This is so cute."
"I like what you've done with this."
"Very nice display."
"That is great. I love it."
"Continue to be you."
"This is dope."
"This was the best Uber ride."
"You have a lovely car."

No comments:
Post a Comment