If you had told me that I was going to write 1,000 blogs over 8 1/2 years I would not have believed you. However, according to my blog this is number 1,000. How did this start?
On December 26, 2017 my wife, myself, and my youngest daughter each drove cars filled with stuff from New Jersey to South Carolina. We also had a pod sent down to our new home in Myrtle Beach. It was a big move for my wife and I over 600 miles and to a different part of the country.
I wanted to document our journey and decided to write a blog that I called, "Becoming a Southerner." In the first few days I wrote five different blogs with these titles: "Not About Politics", "Traveling the Day After Christmas," "It's Snowing in New Jersey," "Grits" and "Why Write a Blog?"
Somehow the five blogs came out the same week and they are dated almost exactly the same. Here are some excerpts from those blogs with my comments in parentheses:
"Keep in mind in the future that Dec. 27th is a much better day to travel on the road." (Massive traffic jams were awful)
"We had two shovels in New Jersey and I couldn't get rid of both of them, so I brought one to South Carolina just in case. If it snows I'm going to be one of the only ones with a shovel." (It happened and it was great)
"Grits may not be for everyone, but I'll give it another shot."(Did not happen)
"From time to time I will probably go on the fringe of politics, without talking about politics."(I have written a few political blogs, maybe 3-5)
"You never know what I'll write unless you check out this blog on a somewhat regular basis."( I have written about a lot of topics)
I have enjoyed blogging about all the different things going on in my life including all my favorite riders, favorite rider comments, some books I've read, inspirational stories, unusual events, and things most people never think about.
Will I one day write my 1,500th blog or 2,000th blog? I have no idea. Will I write a book about my favorite blogs? That is a possibility. I do enjoy writing and documenting my life by putting out a blog every three days.
Thank you for reading and also contributing to my blogs by being a part of my life. And now-on to the next 1,000 blogs...
Above is my wife and I in Myrtle Beach in 2018 and below at a family wedding in July 2026.


No comments:
Post a Comment