Wednesday, September 2, 2026

MY RIDERS GET MORE THAN A RIDE

Several years ago I posted a few separate blogs from riders commenting about me and their experience riding in my car and I made comments about the comments. With my museum expanding to 80 countries represented in my car and pictures of over 50 riders, the comments I receive are always posted on the bottom of my monthly rider comments list. (That list will be out in two more days with over 60 comments including these below)

This is my way of thanking them and highlighting them this month after giving almost 200 rides on the five weekends in August.


My story on "The Sunshine Girl" appeared in the last blog and although she thanked me for being an inspiration with this drawing and sunflower pin, it really was her.


She: "Neatest Uber experience. We enjoyed our experience with you so much! I love the sheet you gave us with your favorite quotes. We were laughing so hard at them at the bar! I can't wait to show them to my family back in Mississippi. Quite the comedic relief! We will continue to share stories about you!"

The young couple from Mississippi were adorable and below is their picture hanging in my car. Her enthusiasm will be shared with young and old couples alike.


Wiping tears from her eyes, she said, "It's nice to know that there is humanity in the world."

"This is a collage of humanity, it's very special.  I always wished there were people out there who did things like this. Thank you so, so much. Can I give you a hug?

Two different riders, both women, brought up humanity which is a very common word used in my car.  I make sure riders understand that this is about them, not me. They get the credit for what they have shared for many others to enjoy and these two women on different rides understood my message. The second young woman lives in Charleston, South Carolina where I used to drive and she is a very dedicated nurse. Thank you, for doing what you do!


"It is insane. It's so sweet what people did. I love when people come together to do something."

People coming together is what this rider understood, it's an effort by many people. Sometimes it takes a village and sometimes it takes a museum in an Uber.


The young guy said, "This car really tells a story. It's kind of magical and shows everyone is different. I wish I had something to add to the history."

"This is beautiful what you've turned this into. I never expected this in an Uber, it was such an experience. Best of luck with all your adventures."

Two different young men enjoyed the ride and this was their view.  People are surprised and they realize this is something very special.


She: "I know I was meant to be in this car."

I've talked with riders about this a lot. Sometimes they are running late or their car broke down, or they are having a very difficult day.  I refer to the dentist a few months back who was wiping tears away because she had lost a close uncle and she said, "I wish all my friends could be here in this car talking with you." Sometimes things happen for a reason and I want my riders to feel special, because they are.


He: " This is tenacious, to consistently keep this going takes dedication."

"This is well organized."

Two more guys commenting on my organization in the same month.  It's the first time I've heard the word "tenacious" used, but I appreciate the compliments.


He: "The ripples you create spread far and wide."

The bartender was very moved and said a number of things, but this was key. I told him about the Scott Adams quote that I love, "Remember there's no such thing as a small act of kindness. Every act creates a ripple with not logical end." I am very confident that my riders will think about what they saw in my car and it will have some impact in their lives and the people around them.




No comments:

Post a Comment