The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile below was created in 1936 by the nephew of the founder of the Oscar Mayer company. Today they have a fleet of cars that travel around the country advertising the company. I used to work with someone who used to drive one of them and I have a picture somewhere of my youngest daughter and I standing in front of one.
There's a new big dog in town, but it's made out of Lego brick. The picture below is the largest Lego sausage in the world measuring 6 feet and 6.7 inches long. A German man put together 65,000 Lego bricks to make this sausage and bun.
The unique idea came from talking with a sausage producer. Tommy Schmidt gets the credit for making it and he said, "I have always enjoyed taking on unusual challenges." This is a tribute to his area which is famous for its bratwurst.
How long did it take to make this? It took a full year to build it including six months in the construction phase. It took many people to move it from his backyard to the sausage company's headquarters. I guess he wasn't thinking about the Oscar Meyer Wienermobile or he would have put wheels on it.

No comments:
Post a Comment