I had Pizza Hut recently and although I liked it, I was "shocked" to find out it was not on this list. As some of you know I'm not really fond of pizza anymore, but that could change. My kids ate too many pizza bagels and every other kind of pizza growing up and I lost my pizza taste buds. If I eat pizza a few times a year, I'm good.
In 2017, three Italians formed an organization 50 Top Pizzas and later started picking out the top 100 pizza places in the world. The number one place this year is Napoli on the Road in London. It somehow jumped from fifth place to first place.
What I find most interesting on this list is the cities that have a best pie. Would you have guessed this? Would you be eating pizza here?
Two of the top ten pizza places are in Tokyo. (RistoPizza by Napoli and The Pizza Bar on 38th.
Baldoria in Madrid is number 8.
Alleria in Chile is listed as number 11.
Fiata, in Hong Kong is number 16.
Gigi's in Sydney is also number 16.
La Clasica in El Salvador is number 25.
Spaca Napoli, Seoul is number 28
Other places with great pizza in the Top 100: Bangkok, Philippines, Germany, Amsterdam, Peru, Slovakia, Japan, Uruguay, Vietnam, Buenos Aires, Costa Rica, India, Zagreb.(Croatia)
Italy had the most places with 25 and New York only had 7 and New Jersey had 1.
I may have to carry a list of this to let my passengers know who are traveling to these countries. I'm sure they want to know where to get great pizza on their vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment