Sunday, December 31, 2017

Not About Politics

Every year is unique and there's always a lot of things that happened in a specific year and 2017 is no exception to that.  After my first couple posts I had someone tell me they would read my blogs unless they had to do with politics.  I could tell you that this would be a "safe place", but I really don't believe in that.  From time to time I will probably go on the fringe of politics, without talking about politics

They say that the two things you shouldn't talk about at work is religion and politics.  I'm not very interested in talking about religion but since I majored in political science, politics has always been one of my favorite subjects.  But this post is not about politics, it's about people.

People are different and they have different views on everything from Star Wars and Harry Potter to the Kardashian's and going out to eat.  I think what makes life interesting is having a dialogue and finding out why people think the way they do and act the way they do.  You may still scratch your head after a discussion with someone who has a different view, but at least you have some information that you didn't have before.

This post isn't about politics, but the person who was voted "the most admired man in the USA", was former President Obama.  In his farewell speech earlier this year he talked about how important it is to go "outside your bubble."  So in 2018, go outside your bubble a little bit, it won't hurt you.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment