Thursday, February 22, 2018

Getting a Passport

I guess somethings are easier than others.  I often find that anytime I have to fill out forms and go to an office and pay money, it can be a very long and difficult process.  Maybe it's just me, maybe not.

In South Carolina as in some other states, you will soon need a passport to get on an airplane and travel even commercially.  I don't do much traveling in the air, but being down south and having family up north, it seemed like a good idea to get this done so I have it.  I do have second thoughts about that decision.

My wife just got her passport, so following her instructions it would be easier, maybe.  She got the "right" birth certificate for me and I went to a CVS and got a passport picture taken for $15.  I found the form online and my wife offered to fill it out for me online, but I wanted to make it more difficult for myself so I said I would do it-by hand.  I figured taking the computer out of it would make things easier for me.

I filled the form out and knew I needed two checks and I found a post office that I could get it at.  Except when I got there, they don't take them anymore.  They sent me to the court house, but there were two court houses buildings and I went to the wrong one first.  There were only two people in line and I thought-this is going to be easy!

The guy told me the good news and the bad news.  The good news was that I had the right form and it was filled out, the bad news was that it was in blue ink and not black(I would make a joke about that, but not these days). I also found out that I needed only one check for a hundred plus dollars and I had to have $25 in cash, which I did not.

So I brought the form back home and I copied everything in black and I discovered that I put the wrong city I was born in and I did not put the city my wife was born in.  There's also an emergency contact person that I left blank, can it really get much easier?

Tomorrow is the big day!  I've got cash, a check, the form, the picture, and several verifications of my ID.  The only thing I may not have to get this done... is time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment