Monday, February 5, 2018

What Are They Thinking About?

Sometimes I read a story about someone who does something off the wall(maybe they live in California?) and I say, "what are they thinking about?" Other times, I'll see someone on the road do something that borders on craziness.  Like the time I saw a guy sitting at a traffic light and suddenly decide to go on the shoulder and get ahead of the car in front of them,  turn left on red and get on a busy highway.  I'm sure you've had similar experiences and asked yourself the same question.

I've always been baffled when I see someone mowing their lawn at 8 am on a Sunday morning. Do they know that it's Sunday and some people are sleeping? Are they totally oblivious to everything around them? Are they thinking at all?  I once saw a woman mowing her lawn in a neighborhood on a weekday at 7 am. when it was just getting light.  I wanted to pull the car over and say, "What are you thinking about?" I will do that one day, but today is not that day.

On Saturday, I did ask myself that question.  I walked out of the bedroom and heard someone vacuuming above me at 6:30 am.  At first I thought maybe I wasn't awake, but I was.  Before they checked out of this condo or hotel they decided to vacuum? Or, before they played a round of golf in 28 degree temperatures, they loosened up by vacuuming? Or, the maid was straightening up the room and vacuuming at 6:30 am? 

Pick one, I don't have a clue,but it did happen. I wonder how many times someone sees me doing something and they say, "what is he thinking about?"


2 comments:

  1. In my mind, Florida's the place that's associated with a lot of weird happenings (go hometown!). Philly's also seen its fair share of bizarre acts recently with the Superbowl win (go birthplace!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Florida would definitely be in the top 2-3 places and as a New York sports fan I know that Philly sports crowds have a really bad reputation. I still go with California-they recently had people signing a petition to make two California's!

      Delete