Saturday, February 17, 2018

I Think My Left Ear is Sunburned

Yesterday was February 16th and my left ear got sunburned.  The temperature got up to 79 degrees and we spent an hour or two outside walking on the beach and sitting watching the waves come in.  I know, it wasn't a very busy Friday, but the weather was beautiful.

I have fair skin so anytime I'm out in the sun I'm a little wary of how much sun I"m in.  I always have a hat on since the few strands of hair do not protect my scalp at all.  The sun was strong and I did not put any sunscreen on.  I knew I messed up and figured I would keep turning when I was walking so the same part of me doesn't get burned.(just imagine cooking on the grill when you keep turning the steak so it cooks all over)

When the day was over I thought I had done pretty well with the sun.  Last night, I could feel my face burning up some and all I could see in the mirror was one bright red ear.  Still, I was feeling pretty good and lucky until we went to bed.  My wife said that today we could take a couple chairs and an umbrella and sit on the beach for a couple hours.  A couple hours???

What a great looking day it is here on Saturday morning.  It's going to be a cloudy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment