Sunday, February 11, 2018

To Eat or Not To Eat-That is The Question

It's not unusual for people to consider if they should eat something.  Typically, they are debating if they want to eat a little more, or is this food healthy for them to eat. However, how often do you sit with some kind of food in front of you and ask yourself, "Is this something you eat?"

One of my wife's favorite stories about me was when we were dating.  We went to a restaurant that I think was called "Beefsteak Charlies" and they had "all you can eat" shrimp.  I liked shrimp a lot and got a full plate and enjoyed eating it.  When I got up to get more shrimp, the guy sitting at the table nearby said to Monika, "I've never seen anyone eat the entire shrimp." 

Monika didn't eat shrimp and she didn't know there was something wrong with what I was eating. For some reason I thought you were supposed to eat the crunchy part too.  It wasn't as good as the rest of it of course, but I ate it all.  The second plate I believe I skipped eating the crunchy part.  Looking back now, it may be that when we had shrimp at our house the ends were already cut off.(maybe)  Or, it could be that I was just a kid and had no clue.

Yesterday morning I took out the pineapple that Monika bought for me and it was in a container, so I let it slide out.  I cut a few pieces and I sat there staring at it.  There was a core part in the middle that was harder than the pineapple.  Do you eat the core too?  Monika wasn't around, so she couldn't save me.  There were four cores so I figured I would taste one-it wasn't very good.  Being a number's guy, I figured I would eat two of the four and throw the other two out, which is what I did.

So, in case you're asking yourself this, do I eat it or not? Don't eat the whole shrimp and throw out the core of the pineapple, but what if some of your bread crust is moldy? I have ripped off the crust and eaten the rest of it, but you probably knew I was going there.

2 comments:

  1. I faced the same situation with the pineapple core today, but I didn't eat it because duh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just another important lesson I've taught you-it doesn't end.

    ReplyDelete