Friday, August 24, 2018

How Big Are Your Dragonflies?

I'm not a bug person, never have been and never will be.  When I was in junior high school or high school and it was time for dissection, I never had any interest in that.  I don't care what animals or snakes or bugs look like inside or out.  I know some of you feel the same way.(at least on the inside)

I have to admit though, I have been staring lately at the dragonflies here in Myrtle Beach.  They are H-U-U-G-E!  I've seen plenty of movies where bugs or animals become larger and I've watched movies or television showes where you see these large bees buzzing around and cutting into cars with people inside screaming.

But, this is real.  have sat in my van at a light or in a parking lot and watching a H-U-U-G-E dragonfly(yes I know I repeated myself) circling in front of my windshield and then following me as I drive.  I have sat in my car and made a fist and tried to figure out if the dragonfly is bigger than my fist.(probably not)

Why are they so big down here? Do we have too much water? Is the weather so nice they are attracted to our area?  What are they eating to get that big? Fish? Grits? Salamanders? I have no clue.

I just wanted you to know that when you visit Myrtle Beach or South Carolina, look for the nice weather, the beautiful beaches and the H-U-U-G-E dragonflies.  You really can't miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment