Friday, August 24, 2018

"Seems Like Old Times"

This was a 1981 movie starring Chevy Chase, Goldie Hawn, and Charles Grodin. The comedy is one of my favorite movies due to the three stars who were in their prime and complimented each other perfectly.  If you ever get a chance to see the movie, it will make you laugh.

What does that have to do with anything? Well, one of the reasons we moved to South Carolina was for me to slow down some.  It is much slower paced down here and I have slowed down some from my 12,14,16 and even 19 hour work days running my business in New Jersey and Pennsylvania the past few years. 

Most of my days working as a courier are pretty short and I've been finishing work between 2-3 pm., which, in my book, is closer to half a day than a full day.  However, this week was different.  Being several drivers short, I had the opportunity on three days this week to work around 12 hours. I am a little sore and tired, but it really was fun.

Don't ever forget that when you work really hard at something and you know you did a great job, it's a very rewarding feeling.  I did make a lot more money and I lost a couple of pounds(probably just temporary), but it also gave me a lot of satisfaction knowing that I haven't lost a step.

There's nothing wrong sometimes in turning the clock back a little bit and enjoying doing something you used to do.  What can you do this week that would give you that great "Seems Like Old Times" feeling?

No comments:

Post a Comment