Tuesday, November 27, 2018

A Thanksgiving Without a Carcass

If you did a survey to find out what is America's favorite holiday, it's possible that Thanksgiving could come in first.  There are many reasons for that, but the one dominating aspect of Thanksgiving is of course the food.  What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish? It could be the stuffing or mashed potatoes, or THE CRANBERRY BREAD, the beans or carrots, the cranberry sauce, or any of a number of dishes.

My favorite dish is definitely turkey.  I think it is a very underrated food. What kind of turkey? Is it the dark meat, the white meat, or the bones?  I really like them all, but I'm a little different if you haven't noticed.  My all-time favorite dish at Thanksgiving is something I don't eat on Thanksgiving.

I love eating the carcass the next day as a meal.  No, I don't actually eat the bones, just the meat off the bones.  No matter how much you cut off the carcass for Thanksgiving, there is always plenty left on the carcass. And, it tastes just as good on Black Friday.

Watching me tear apart the bones and gnaw on them with some food flying here and there, is something I am sure my three children did not enjoy watching.  It would not surprise if they've had a nightmare or two about it.

We had a great Thanksgiving this year and our daughter and son-in-law did the cooking and we enjoyed it all.  But the next day there was no carcass for me to eat.  My wife bought a rotisserie chicken a few days later and I ate the carcass.  I eat one of those a week, it's a little weekly holiday that I enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment