Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The Roll of Toilet Paper

On the internet we can read just about anything, but it doesn't mean we want to read everything.  I am sure somewhere, someone, for some odd reason has written something about a roll of toilet paper.  I am also pretty sure you have never read or wanted to read about a roll of toilet paper.  There's also a good chance you will forget what you are about to read.

As a courier I deliver packages, supplies to offices, stores, and some homes.  A couple weeks ago I delivered a bunch of boxes to an eye doctor's office.  One of the boxes was a very large box of toilet paper.  When I got home that day I found that one wrapped roll of toilet paper was sitting underneath my seat.  I figured out pretty quickly that it had come out of the box for the eye doctor's office.

Since I was going to drive for Uber I cleaned out my car and put the roll of paper next to my work things so I could put it back in my car and then deliver it back to the eye doctor's office(Uber does suggest you could have water or gum available for passengers but they probably don't support having a roll of toilet paper in the car)

My wife saw the roll of toilet paper and was going to bring it inside, but instead moved it from where my work stuff was and therefore I forgot all about it.  Days later I saw it sitting in the garage and I was going to put it back under my car seat, but I forgot about it again.  About a week later, the toilet paper roll was sitting in our kitchen and I finally threw it back into my car.

Yesterday, I stopped into the eye doctor's office and walked in holding one roll of toilet paper.  Imagine how odd I must have looked!  A couple women in the office noticed immediately and when I started explaining several more turned to look at me.  I said, "this roll of toilet paper jumped out of the box I delivered to you two weeks ago so I wanted you to get it back.  All the paper is still here."  There was laughter and one woman said, "how do we know it's all there?"  I said, "I can't wrap it up that neatly."

I left the office grinning as were a number of women in the office and possibly a few patients who overheard the conversation.  Maybe the next time you read about a roll of toilet paper it will be better than this, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment