Thursday, November 15, 2018

Torture By Cranberry Bread

Forgive me, I do know that it's not right to joke about torture, which is a serious subject.  However, after I explain, I think you'll understand.  Next Wednesday my wife and I are heading north for Thanksgiving and we were talking about what we were going to put in my van for the trip.  I suggested I bring the snow shovel, but she nixed that.  She told me that she was bringing cranberry bread that she's making for Thanksgiving.

"I'm going to drive in the car for ten hours with cranberry bread in the car?" I'm hungry now just writing this.  I would smell it in the car, how would I concentrate?  Cranberry bread is one of my top fifty foods, probably in the top fifteen.  I am not talking about a fruit loaf, this is unbelievably good.
My wife got the recipe from my Mom who made it for many years and she got it from my Aunt Libby who I think got it directly from the Creator.

I am talking about something that is so good that you can eat it for breakfast, at lunch, at dinner and for an afternoon or late night snack.  What's in it?  Cooking/baking is not my specialty, but I know there are cranberries in it and it goes in the oven and it's magnificent.  I like it better when it's a little chilled, but it's always good.

But back to my wife and our conversation.  She said that she was going to make a couple smaller ones so I could eat some in the car! What a relief and what a treat too! Just think, next Wednesday afternoon and during the day Thursday when you're thinking about the turkey(also in my top 50) and the big meal, I'm going to be munching away on cranberry bread while I'm driving to New Jersey.  I can have some late Wednesday afternoon when we start driving, after dinner for a dessert, for breakfast on Thursday and for a light lunch before the big meal.

And, you thought I was going to be tortured by cranberry bread! You're going to be thinking about me eating it, like you are right this minute.


No comments:

Post a Comment