Thursday, November 1, 2018

It's Never Too Early For Christmas!

I may have written about this story before. A number of years ago one November, I listened all day to a radio station playing Christmas music as I drove around working.  I had a great time and came home and told my family how much fun I had and my youngest daughter said, "It's too early for Christmas."  I immediately replied, "it's never too early for Christmas."  That comment inspired me to write a song by that title and I thought about that day today.

It's November 1 and the temperature here hit 80 degrees.  It was a warm day here until late afternoon when we had some rain.  One of my last deliveries this afternoon was a large outlet mall.  As I turned towards the front on the mall, I had to smile.  There it was, a very large Christmas tree!  That's when I realized that Christmas was just around the corner, literally.

Christmas this year will be very different in South Carolina.  Since our youngest daughter is graduating college the week before in Atlanta, we don't have any plans on going anywhere for Christmas.  We no longer have a tree, but I think we still have some decorations for the holiday.
And, there's no chance of snow on Christmas, I'm pretty certain of that.

We have some time to figure out what we're going to do on December 25th, but I just wanted y'all to know that it's November 1 and there's a little bit of Christmas spirit here in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

1 comment: