Monday, July 22, 2019

I'm Making Money on The Beatles???

It doesn't seem possible, but it really is happening.  In April 2020, it will be fifty years since The Beatles broke up as a band.  During that time there have been movies, television shows, records/CD's, and promotional events where a lot of people have made money on The Beatles.  The biggest financial winners I think are still The Beatles, but I never thought I could make a few dollars on them.

A few weeks ago the movie, "Yesterday" came out about a young singer who is hit by a bus and afterwards discovers that he is the only one in the world who has heard of The Beatles.  It is a wonderful movie that will have you grinning when the movie ends.  You should see it.

I've been promoting this movie for months since my bother sent me the trailer.  I even promoted it to four British teenagers who were visiting the Charleston area.  After seeing the movie on it's third day out I have continued to promote it and I am responsible for a number of people going to see it.

This weekend I drove a couple and then a mom and daughter to the movies and convinced them to see "Yesterday."  I believe some of the people I have talked to really appreciated my movie recommendation and have tipped me more or possibly tipped me when they wouldn't  have tipped me before.  The uniqueness of the movie and of course The Beatles, has helped me promote it.

A long, long time ago I wrote an article for a school paper where I interviewed my history teacher, Mr. Schuster.  The beginning quote in the story from him was this, "enthusiasm is infectious."  I never thought that my enthusiasm for The Beatles all these years, would actually make me some money. Now, if I could only make some money on my enthusiasm for politics-that would really be something!

No comments:

Post a Comment