Tuesday, July 2, 2019

What Would You Eat For $100?

Some people will eat just about anything, but most of us have our limits I think.  I was taking my mother-in-law food shopping yesterday when she picked up a large avocado and said, "if I buy this for you would you eat it?"  I answered her question in .3 seconds and said, "I wouldn't eat that if you gave me $100."  I thought another ten seconds and added, "I wouldn't eat that if you gave me $500."

If the hundred dollar bills were in front of me and the avocado, would I change my mind? No, it's not going to happen. I think there are certain foods that were created to just sit in the supermarket and never be touched or eaten.  There should be a sign above that food that says, "For Eyes Only."  I remember tasting peanut butter once for my kids and that is not going to happen ever again.  Just the smell is too much for me and the taste was awful.

But what about you?  Is there something you would not eat for the first time, for one hundred dollars?We all have our likes and dislikes and some of  us just might take a bite  of something for a price.  It's more than likely we'll never know for sure, but it's interesting to consider it-or maybe I'm the only one who finds it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment