Wednesday, January 20, 2021

How to Use a Sponge, Strip Joints and $2 Bills, and Our Shredding Container

 I've been learning so much lately I had to combine three new things in one post!

1. Recently I learned how to use a sponge to wash off some crumbs on our kitchen counter. First, take the sponge and crush it or squeeze it so all the water is not on it.  Then, when it's completely or mostly dry, try to get all those little crumbs up that are running away from the sponge when you use it.  Crush or squeeze the sponge over the sink and hope that whatever you were cleaning up is now in the sink.  Take a towel, the right one, and dry off where you cleaned and also get any remaining tiny things on the towel.  Still, I feel this may not be exactly right.

2. Did you know that some strip joints are not allowing you to use dollar bills? No, not particularly you, but anyone. (not me either) According to my wife, some places have $2 bill machines that you exchange your singles to get the $2 bills that you can give out anywhere you want to-in the strip joint.  My Dad has been getting $2 bills for decades since he worked at The Federal Reserve Bank in New York.  I thought he was the only one using them.

3. Below is a picture of our shredding container which hangs in our kitchen.  It's been there about three years I'm told.  You probably guessed I haven't used it. Why are we doing all this shredding that we need a container? I really know the answer, I'm just not saying.  Do we really need a shredding container? It's not like we are leaving the White House? (In honor of the new President that was my bi-partisan joke for the year)




No comments:

Post a Comment