Sunday, January 3, 2021

Who Is "Ice Mom" and What is "Car Play?"

 When I turned 60 in August. I joked that I was going to blog about all the things I learned when I was 60.  However, in the next week or so there was a slew of things I learned and then I couldn't remember what they all were.

Lucky for you, today is a new year and one of the things I'm doing this year is to write about what I've learned this year and some of it will make you laugh and some of it you might learn about too!

I was sitting in my daughter's new car and she said that she was going to call Mom.  She talked to the car and of course it answered and it showed on the screen, "Ice Mom".  I know my wife thinks she's cool and I do too, (wink, wink), but why would you call her "Ice Mom.?" You think I'm joking that I did not know, but really I did not.  You're supposed to have, (I don't believe in supposed to), on your phone someone listed as "ICE" which means "in case of emergency." I would argue it should be "ICOE", but I don't think that would be cool enough.  I did check my phone and there is no "ICE" there.  Can I really do that myself? I'll get back to you.

At the same time I was learning about "ICE", I learned about "car play." The car plays what is on your phone and somehow you connect the two so it can do that.  For me, I like having a car and I put up with having a phone, but does a car really have to play with my phone? I don't play with it, why should my car?

If I learn two things like this a day, how am I going to find time to blog about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment