Monday, September 6, 2021

I Have A New Phone???

 For most people, the headline would read, I HAVE A NEW PHONE!!!  They would be so excited and they would want to show it to everyone they know. Me? Not so much! Since I have used my phone for work as a courier and as an Uber Driver, I am constantly charging the phone and it was difficult to do that since the chord kept falling out of the phone.  My wife informed me that I needed a new phone.

Everybody does it-it's easy! Fortunately my wife took care of all the "easy" details. She looked online at all the phones and she suggested one that was similar to mine. I think it's an iPhone 72 or something. I told her that whatever fancy things the phone can do now, I don't want it.  Somehow it did not cost $800, or so she told me.  It came in three colors and when she said that men usually don't get red, I knew that was my color.  I would have taken orange, but they didn't have it.  She ordered the phone and it would be here in a couple days.

The box the phone was in made it look like a large deck of cards.  I tried for a couple minutes to get the phone out, but I am not that talented and I did not find it easy.  My wife got the phone out and then the easy part began.  Spread out on the kitchen counter were two phones, the sim card, and a couple chords.  Since the phone was slightly different than mine, the chords would not work, but my wife had one that would.

Once the phone was charged the easy part began.  She switched everything over and checked to make sure it all came through. My e-mail did not work so we had to come up with another password which affected my e-mail on my computer.  I changed that password and then my wife changed the password on my phone a second time. 

The case and a new plastic cover came in a few days later and now when I turn the phone over, I can see that it's red.  The phone charges and I can use it.  I am not sure how many hours this easy process took over several days, but I am so glad that I'll never have to get another phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment