Monday, September 13, 2021

I'm Having Trouble Spending Cash!

 I know it sounds ridiculous, but spending cash these days is not easy.  If you don't know, I've spent most of my life walking around with $15-20 in my wallet. I never spend a lot of money and although I was always out on the road working and driving, I was mostly buying gas for my car.  Sure, I would have a soda or some donuts and occasionally a pint of ice cream, but I'm not buying them anymore.  

Driving for Uber I usually get some cash tips and I've started carrying a little more money, but I'm not spending any.  Last week, my wife and I went out to lunch and I took out some cash from my wallet and spent it! Lunch was good, but it was really nice to spend some cash. I can't even believe I felt that way.

A number of months ago, I wrote about how there was a run on Cocoa Krispies, my favorite cereal.  I couldn't find them anywhere. Finally, I splurged and bought three boxes and hid two in my office for a rainy day.  That day came and went and I finished all the boxes and once again, I could not find this cereal anywhere.

I'm thinking about sending Kellogs an e-mail to see if they can drop a shipment at my house.  Will they accept cash? I came up with a plan.  There's a small supermarket that opened near us and I was thinking they might have some boxes since there was less people shopping there.  I hit the jackpot!  I picked up my three boxes for $3.29 each and I went to the register with my ten dollars in cash.

They were on sale and it was two for five dollars and you get one free.  I've never heard of deal like that. They gave me back five dollars in cash.  I wasn't taking that from them.  I went back to the cereal aisle and grabbed three more boxes which are pictured below. So, I got six boxes of cereal for ten dollars. It takes a lot of  effort to spend money these days, but I'm working on it.







No comments:

Post a Comment