Tuesday, September 14, 2021

What They Say About Me

 I haven't done this post in quite awhile, but some of these comments are really worth it.  On the Uber app, each rider can rate the driver and make a comment.  I'm not sure how many actually rate me, but I only get a couple comments each month out of a couple hundred rides.  The comments unfortunately, can only be seen by me, so this is really top secret information.

1. "Awesome person, need more people like you in the world." I think I know who wrote this and I actually deserved this comment. Driving back from a three hour ride, I turned on the app to see if I could get a ride in the last hour. I picked up a young woman who was having a lot of problems.  She had been visiting a friend in the hospital and her grandparents were afraid of COVID and would not let her back in the house to sleep.  She had an argument with her Mom who would not let her in the house due to COVID. The ride was set-up by her boyfriend who would not be in town until the next day.  The ride took her to her grandmother's who left her clothes outside since they had been arguing.  I took her to get her clothes and offered her a free ride to the grandparents for the rest of her things.  In the car I tried to encourage her and she called her Mom who agreed to set up a tent in the garage port for her to sleep while she quaranteened. I got a generous tip and I think those kind words.

2. "I am not a morning person but I did enjoy my ride and conversation with my driver.  It was a good start to my day."  These words could have been from a lot of people since I am a morning person and so many riders are not. 

3. "I never leave reviews for Uber but it was legitimately a pleasure riding with Jeff." I probably enjoyed the ride just as much and I think this was a woman?

4. "Greatest Uber driver in South Carolina." This one just makes me laugh, but I do appreciate the compliment. I would like to think I'm one of the best, but the greatest? 

5. "Best ride ever." I think this was the couple who loved the Red Sox and the guy said this was "the best Uber ride ever." as he got out. I said, "that's because we talked about the Red Sox the whole time." They did have a lot of fun.

6. "Thank you so much for an unforgettable ride! It was such a pleasure meeting you."  I'm pretty sure there are a number of my riders that will remember riding with me.

7. "Jeff honestly made my ride so enjoyable.  Extremely funny guy." I had to put this one in for my kids who sometimes don't think I'm funny.  She also gave me a heart. (guys most likely would not give a heart to another guy)

8. "Thank you soo much, you are my hero jeffronofro." Another comment that makes me laugh.  They enjoyed my nickname that I was given by a rider and used it in the comment.  I've actually repeated this one to some riders.

Since the comments are so rare, they actually mean a lot more.  Thank you to all.





No comments:

Post a Comment