Tuesday, November 30, 2021

NOVEMBER RIDER COMMENTS

Woman: "My name is Y'Keshia.  I was named after my father's mistress."

Woman in her 20's: "The COVID vaccine is the only vaccine I've ever had. My boyfriend convinced me to get it due to my health. When I was a child my Mom didn't believe in vaccines and she worked in a doctor's office and forged all the paperwork for my vaccines."

Woman: "My mom said that I'm the nicest bitch she's ever met."

 "When I was 26, I made $250,000 in a year selling time share. It was great because I carried $500 in cash all the time and I could buy my girlfriend Coach purses and watches. My boss told me that if I went to Myrtle Beach I would make twice that and I did it."

Woman in her late 20's: "I've lived in 63 cities in my life." (military family)

I went to pick up Tiffany and a rather large black man walked to my car wearing a mask.  Me: "You're not going to tell me that your name is Tiffany, are you?" Him: "No, I'm not until I put on my makeup."(I did not react until he laughed)

Him: "Being a freshman at the Citadel was more fun that I never want to have again. A graduate explained it this way- imagine a pyramid of shit and seniors on the top have it best and freshman are on the bottom."

Me: "How long have you been married?" Male: "Thirty years, it's time for parole."

From New Jersey like me, he said, "people in New Jersey are born with a silver spoon in their mouth." Me: "next time I pick you up, I'll have a spoon in my mouth."  Him: "Will it be silver?"

Him: "I believe that you(everyone) have to shine your light on the world."

She is in cybersecurity and he's in emergency management. Her: "We're dark humor people, if we weren't, we'd be alcoholics."

Male in the Coast Guard: "The best McDonalds in the world is in Guantanamo Bay. When you're out to sea for a month and you come back, the food is great."

The man in his 50's had a very thick Alabama accent. He said, "my accent helped me get my job at Boeing. There were 500 applicants then they cut it down to 6 and then 2. The interviewer was from Seattle, but he loved my accent."

"My parents gave me the nickname, Tripp, (which I go by), when I was born since I was the third child. I think they gave it to me so if the cops come to my door, I can show them by real ID and say I don't know who Tripp is."

She works for the city of Kansas City: "If there is an apocalypse, there's a plan for dignitaries to go the caves in Missouri and they'll have everything there, strip clubs and everything."

Me: "I've been married for 38 years." Young woman: "No F'N shit, that's my dream."

Nurse in her mid twenties: "My parents pay me $500 to watch their dogs over the weekend, it's a good gig."

"We tell tourists that it rains all the time in Seattle, but most of the time it's a very light rain and you don't need a raincoat."

27 year old woman: "I'm an old soul, I love reading the newspaper in the morning, holding it and the smell of it."

When I told the Russian woman about the my former rider from Russia who had Putin's picture on the back of her phone, she said, "It's the idol of stupidity. It's funny that someone likes him."

"I'm not for a mandated vaccine, but I got it for the placebo affect,(mentally having it), and out of respect for others who have suffered."

Me: "What are you going to do when you get back in the job market?" Young black woman: "I want to promote how important it is to breast feed." (we then talked about breast feeding)

Woman: "If I told you what I do, I'd have to kill you." (works for the city of Kansas City)

Male: "I work for the federal government with propaganda for foreign governments."

He said, "New York City uses your vehicle for cabs." (Ford Transit passenger van)

Asking the female College of Charleston freshman, how she is handling the 70-30% ration of woman to men, she said simply, "it's annoying."

I thought he said, "I'm a surgeon," but then he said, "I'm a surfer," and finally I heard him clearly through the mask, "I'm a server."

Looking at an entire field of dead cows after a severe hale storm, his co-worker said, "these are definitely hale damaged cows."

Her first name has thirteen letters and it's something like, "L'ezonthale." It's a French name that her grandmother gave her, but no one knows what it means. She: I tried to look it up, but I didn't find anything. It may be a flower." I said, "okay, I'll just call you flower."

He said, "I thought I needed someone to validate my existence.  I learned that I wanted someone and that's a very different thing."

Him: "I used to have a $68,000 truck, but I had cut it loose after the DUI."

"In the south it's a more respectful society."

"We've been dating only seven months and his is our 7th wedding we've attended since May."

Him: "No one stays in New Jersey." Me: "My parents had a house there for fifty years." Him: "So their the one."

Male: "I had just had a fight with my wife and then went to a bar. A guy in his eighties gave me advice. He said to sincerely apologize and told me a whole list of things to say. I went home and said to my wife, "I'm sorry I was stupid." She interrupted and said, "you're right, you were a stupid ass." That was the end of the argument."

Me: "Since this is your first trip to Charleston, what's been the best part of your trip?" Him: "The Uber drivers."

When I signed up for the Uber app I was drunk and my name came out Josb instead of Josh.  It's fun to hear drivers try to pronounce it, so I haven't changed it."

Him: "I found a purse in an Uber and gave it to the driver. He said he was going to hold it until someone contacted him and he wouldn't open it.  When I got out of the car I saw him go through the purse."

Male: "I wouldn't expect you would have much Uber business in this neighborhood, we have old people and families."

"I stopped taking yellow cabs when I was in one that went off the embankment with me in it." For five years I had only 2 bad Uber drivers, one of them said I could tip him and then he opened his glove compartment and showed me his weed." This past year has been different, one guy was driving 65 on East Bay St. and wouldn't slow down. Another, had 15 inch speakers in the trunk and the whole car vibrated. My girlfriend and I and kids were picked up by my old girlfriend who made me sit up front and she was constantly touching me."





She said, "I have 6 children, 18 grandchildren, and 7 great grandchildren. I came here to get some peace."

"If you don't like downhill skiing or walking in the rain, Seattle is not for you."

"San Diego has the best weather in the country, but Denver has the best weather if you want four seasons."

Him: "This Boeing thing has worked out well."

Him: "I've had harder jobs that paid less."

"I like the vibe here in Myrtle Beach better than Miami."

"The best thing about living in Washington DC is the museums."

Me: "Why did you move out of New Jersey." Young man: "Because Murphy(Governor) is an idiot."

Woman from San Diego: "Charleston is the only other place in the country I would live. I'm a real foodie."

"The weather in Washington state is amazing."

Two young women going out to dinner: "We're amazing, you should put our picture up in your car next to the picture of the Super Bowl ring."

"I came here from Russia speaking no English.  I learned it watching TV and movies.  My favorite movie was "Home Alone."

"My  Great Grandmother was a big Red Sox fan and she was alive in 1918 and finally saw them win again in 2004.  She lived to be102."

The male realtor said, "Market Commons is adorable."

Kansas City Chief fan: "I can't wait to get into work and tell my boss I saw a close up picture of the Super Bowl ring when we beat his 49ers."

"The difference between here and LA is that no one is in a rush here."

Woman from Florida: "I feel more southern here than in Florida."

Male: "We were living below are means, so we bought a nicer vacation home."

"I went to a Red Sox playoff game and would not sit down. I told the guy behind me, I paid $500 and traveled 2,200 miles to be here, I'm not sitting down."

"I put windows into expensive houses like Bill Gates's house in Florida.  I met Tiger Woods on one job."

As a NY Giant fan, I teased the Patriot fan as he got out of the car, "I won't even mention the two Super Bowl games." He replied, "I won't mention the six Super Bowl wins."

"There are 1,400 micro chips in most new cars, that's why you're having trouble getting your car built."

She said, "I love chicken, but only fried chicken.  I don't eat any other chicken."

She said, "I don't really like chicken, but yesterday I was craving it."

Looking at the picture of the Super Bowl ring in my car, she said, "Did someone lose a Super Bowl ring?"

She said, "Sometimes the GPS pronounces my name "Ollie" and sometimes it says "Alley." (Her name is spelled Ali).

"I'm working 80 hours a week in a restaurant here.  I can't say know because the owners are so nice to me."

When I told them I was giving my list of favorite comments, he said, "That's so cool."

She said to me, "you are a blessing and a gift."

Him: "I work on anything you can plug in."

She said, "Your kindness is what the world needs more of."

Couple: "We thought that Corpus Christi in Texas was the best place we've visited on our trip."


"The most important thing I learned in the Army was resourcefulness, making due with what you have."

He said, "This is the most perfect vehicle for what you do."

Speaking to a friend as she got out of my car, she said, "he was awesome."

Him: "you made my day."


No comments:

Post a Comment