Monday, January 17, 2022

If You're Checking Out My Blog For The First Time.....

 Recently, I've had a number of my Uber riders who have asked about my blog. Since my blog address is on the list I give them of my favorite rider comments, some of you may be seeing this blog for the first time. If you somehow just bumped into this online, this post will give you some information on what this is.

Four years ago when we moved south to Myrtle Beach from New Jersey, I started writing this for my family and some friends. I've written almost 450 posts on many different topics.  The main focus has been how my wife and I have experienced life in the south and whatever interesting and unusual things pop into my head. (such as my difficulty buying Cocoa Krispies down here, because they are not that popular) This year, I've been getting used to having the first pet in my life, Odin, a cockapoo puppy. Many of  my blogs are at least mildly funny, although my grown children would argue that. (they may argue that they would argue about it too)

The past couple years, I look forward at the very end of each month or first or second day of the next month, to posting two posts about my Uber riders.  The first post is usually 3-6 stories on riders who have unusual or important careers, have a great story they told me, or they were one of my favorite rides of the month for a variety of reasons.  The second post I make, is a list of my most memorable rider comments for the month and if you're reading this, you may have made the list.  When it comes out, the first 30-40 comments are the best ones, then there are some comments about some other Uber drivers and then all the rest of the comments that I recorded are below that.

The two rider posts will be the basis for the book I am going to start writing this year about my Uber rides.  I currently have over 7,000 rides and by the end of the year I will be around 10,000, which is the number I want to have for my book.  I have a working title, (suggested by youngest child) "Driving on the Sunny Side." I have also entertained the idea of doing a podcast where I could actually interview some of the riders who have been in my car, but it's just a a fun thought right now.

If you go to the bottom of this post you will see a list of my most recent posts and you can check them out.  I think you should also have a place that you can make a comment. However, if you would like to reach me for any reason, my e-mail address is jeff_hoenig@yahoo.com.  If you are bored to tears or bedridden and want to check out some of my other posts, you should be able to do that also on this page. You should also see a place that you can put in your e-mail address and when I post something, it will be sent to you.

Thanks for reading and have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment