Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Who Are You?

 I thought about that question the other day. We are all a lot of things.  For me, I'm a husband, father, brother, homeowner, blogger, and Uber Driver, just to name a few. How about you, who are you? Sometimes people think we're someone we're not.  Have you been in a store and someone thought you worked there? It has happened to me a couple times.

A few years ago, when I was a courier and occasionally delivering beer to a house, I pulled up to a house I had been before.  A guy saw me coming and came out and said, "are you the beer guy?" He had no idea how funny that was since I rarely drink a beer. However, I had to say, "yeah, I'm the beer guy."

On Saturday, I was having some tire trouble and went into a Firestone to get what turned out to be a screw out of my tire.  I brought a book in and did some reading and then I paced around the showroom for about a half hour until the car was ready.

I put my credit card in and the guy said to me, "are you a magician?" I've never been asked that before, so I looked at him oddly and said, "no, why?" He told me he saw what I was reading and I laughed.  I'm reading a biography on the great Harry Houdini. I told him that I like to read.

Later on, I got a better laugh, because I realized how I was dressed.  I must have looked pretty odd wandering around the showroom in black sweatpants and a black jacket.  If I had a Harry Potter wand I'd be holding it in the picture below.  I've always thought I looked a little like the Marvel character, Dr. Strange. He does usually wear a blue coat, red cape, and he has hair and a beard, but you decide:










No comments:

Post a Comment