Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Is It Okay To Say "Ass"?

 Last week, I was talking to my wife and I said the word, "ass." She said that she never hears me say that word and she may be right.  I did make sure to work the word into our conversation a couple times that night just for the fun of it.  Yesterday, I did it again, but unintentionally. She said, "there's that word again." But, is it okay to say ass to people, or is it more polite to say, "butt" or "backside"?

I tell a story to my riders about me driving into a neighborhood to deliver a box when I was a courier.  Up ahead, I saw a guy washing his car.  I had never been in the neighborhood, so I really wasn't concerned about him.  When I went to pass the guy though, his back was to me and he was waving at me behind his back as he washed his car.  I wanted to pull over and say, "what is your problem? You don't know me and can't even see me. Am I supposed to honk three times or waive at your ass?"

I think I've used "ass" a couple times and "backside" or "butt" in telling the story.  I'm not sure I'm that comfortable with any of them.  But, the question is, would anyone be offended if I say, "ass?"  Older people like myself or women? I really don't know.  Maybe I have to take a survey in my car with a couple people and get some feedback?

Although I do like to post pictures with a post, I didn't think a picture of my "ass" would be appropriate. And, I'm pretty certain you will agree with me on that.





No comments:

Post a Comment