Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Random Things I Learned on Vacation

I don't know about you, but I always have a lot of different things going through my head and over an eight day vacation last week, here are some of them:

VACATION CAN BE A LOT OF WORK: We went to three parks, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Universal over four days and walked around 22 miles. We stood in line for many hours which was actually tougher on the feet than walking. The day in between a few of us walked round trip three miles to play mini golf, but we didn't play. We got some real exercise on vacation.


COFFEE IS NOT A BIG DEAL: I had my first cup of coffee in my life last week and I wasn't impressed.  I can't believe it's that popular! How does Starbucks survive? More on this on another post which you'll enjoy.


THERE ARE A LOT OF DISNEY MOVIES THAT HAVE COME OUT THAT I DON'T KNOW: I used to be up to date on all the great Disney movies as my kids grew up, but I have definitely missed a number of them in the last 15 years.  At one point my oldest daughter was trying to help me pronounce one with an "M" and I couldn't even pronounce it. (Moana)


I HAVE MOTION SICKNESS: There were two rides, one in Epcot and one in Universal. I was on the ride, but I didn't really see it. More on this topic another time.


HOW DO PEOPLE WEAR LONG PANTS IN 90 DEGREE WEATHER? Do they really not have shorts? Is there a certain age you hit that you no longer where shorts no matter what the weather is? I was hot just looking at some of these people.


DO PEOPLE NOT KNOW THEY SHOULD BE WALKING ON THE RIGHT SIDE AND NOT THE LEFT? How difficult is this? Walking in crowds, we regularly would find people walking on the wrong side. Are they too lazy to go to the other side where it will be easier for them to walk?


YOU CAN'T BEAT MOTHER NATURE: We were in Orlando for eight days and the weather was terrific.  The first few days were sunny and in the 70's and later in the week we had clouds and in the mid to high eighties.  The storm scheduled for later in the week only hit later Thursday night and later on Saturday.  My wife and I drove out of Orlando on a nice day leaving three children to get flights that day.  One was delayed three to four hours, one got off perfectly, and the other.... not so good. They sat on a plane for a couple hours, it was canceled and they had to Uber to Tampa to get a hotel room and flight that left 48 hours later. Forget about fooling mother nature, sometimes, you just can't beat her.

No comments:

Post a Comment