Thursday, April 14, 2022

The Forever Purse (Part 2)

In the beginning of the year, I blogged about the new purses that my wife had just bought.  They were special designer purses from a company called Brahmin. Little did I know that our vacation in Orlando would include a visit to a Brahmin outlet store and it would be an adventure.

The company was started by a couple in 1980 after the husband was fired from his job. Their purses are very colorful and expensive and they have an incredible following of people who collect and sell their purses. Just a few years ago they sold their company, but the Brahmin purses seem to be growing in popularity.

There was no doubt that my wife was going to get to the Orlando store, but it was complicated squeezing it in. Finally, she got there and arriving at 3:30 in the afternoon, she found out that the store closed early and all she could do was peer into the windows.

 


We were running out of vacation time, so the day before we left I took her back to the store. I turned left one road too early and wound up on an express highway which delayed us fiftenn minutes. When we arrived, the mall was so large that we circled around looking for a parking space, as if it was Christmas time at Woodbridge Center. (For those of you familiar with the mall in New Jersey) I dropped her off and made the walk back to her.

Walking into the store, I noticed only one other customer and the two female employees.  My wife pointed to a bag and asked, "Isn't that cute?" I said it was and when she walked away I checked the price. It wasn't THAT cute! Wandering aimlessly in this small store I noticed the sign on the door which is there to prevent purses from walking out, but it prevented me from just getting some air.


Then, I tried to estimate the number of purses and came up with about 300 in the small store. Finally, I was desperate and I found a purse that would perfectly match my orange car.


We probably spent a good half hour or so in the store and my wife did enjoy it. Towards the end she said to the employee, "I bought my first one in January." The woman replied, "It could turn into an obsession."  I added, "We already passed that point." My wife did not find anything she really liked, so we walked out of the store only with good memories. I don't think this is the last Brahmin store I'll ever visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment