Monday, April 11, 2022

Two Woman Said What In Disney World? (and a correction)

CORRECTION: My last post incorrectly named Disney Springs as Disney Studios. Disney Studios is a place that they make movies, Disney Springs is where we went and walked around the restaurants, shops and traded Disney pins.  Hollywood Studios and Universal Studios led me to incorrectly typing Disney Studios.  I would have changed it on the blog, but I'm not sure if it would have been sent out again, so I'm correcting it here.

SHE SAID IT IN EPCOT: It was dark and as I opened my eyes at the end of the ride "Soarin", I heard these words coming from my soon to be daughter-in-law, "I could do that all day long."  Although my hands were still gripping the handles on the seat, I had to laugh.  It was a brutal ride and my hands finally turned a normal color several minutes later.

I was a little surprised I had so much trouble on the ride since 15 years ago I went on the same ride. (18 years ago I went up in a hot air balloon) The ride was a little scary, but I saw most of it then.  This time, I saw almost none of it.  Below is a picture of what it looks like, people sitting in a glider as they await some spectacular views that they "fly over" due to a 180-degree, 80-foot IMAX digital projection dome.  The next picture I believe is the Golden Gate Bridge as people "fly" over it.

Fifteen years ago it was spectacular and a little unnerving, but it was terrifying this year due to motion sickness.  It was created in 2005 and was developed with the aid of an erector set, believe it or not. It is a great ride if you've never been on it, but I won't be traveling on it again.  

I can be pretty stubborn sometimes, (Which may not surprise you), so when we went to Universal Studios I went on Jimmy Fallon's Race Through New York City.  The ride is a computer-generated simulator and I've read that it's not scary.  I'm really not sure of that since I saw almost none of it. I won't be going on that ride again in this life either.



The second woman was in a souvenir store in Hollywood Studios inside of Star Wars World. As I approached her, I heard her son say, "I want to get that."  This is the picture of what he wanted:


She had a quick and terrific response to her son, "We can't get it on the plane." I wanted to suggest to her maybe her son could wear it on the plane, but I held back.  There are a lot of things you can't take on the plane back home, for instance, this turkey leg did not make it also.  We did have a lot of great memories and pictures that we took on the plane and we will always have them.





No comments:

Post a Comment