Friday, September 30, 2022

How Does A Dog Pee in A Hurricane?(A must read)

There are thousands of dog owners who know the answer to this question, but I was not one of them.  The night before the storm, last night, I asked my wife this since I've only had a dog for 18 months.  She said, "I'll take him out when it slows down." I've delivered newspapers in a hurricane and I'm pretty sure hurricanes do not slow down for bathroom breaks. Also, I do remember that singer, Jim Croce, once said, "You don't spit in the wind," and I think it's safe to paraphrase and say, "You don't pee in a hurricane." However, my wife is usually right, so we'll see.

The fun began later than usual since my wife and Odin, our dog, slept late. Odin went over to the door and he was genuinely scared at what he saw outside.  The rain and wind was loud and I knew I wasn't going out there, he was.  He rang the bell signaling us it was time. My wife had the idea that the patch of grass we had in the garage might work since it was really pouring.  She put the grass in our shower and then we got Odin to go into the shower, the picture is below.


No matter what we tried, we could not get him to go.  Part two of the plan was to just take him outside and have him go quickly. She got him out there and he was scared and not interested and I helped dry them when they got inside. He seemed to be okay, but we knew he really had to go.  We tried again to use the grass, but it wasn't working.  He wasn't impressed with it.

I got on the treadmill and I started laughing.  I wanted to take a shower after the treadmill, but now the shower had grass. I couldn't really take a shower on it, could I? Would Odin like the grass better if it was wet? My second option was to just go outside for 5 minutes, (Fully clothed of course) and that could be a shower. The third option would be using the other shower and that made the most sense.

Suddenly, my wife came towards me and she was laughing.  I thought she said that she wanted me to go into the first shower(With grass) and pee a little and show Odin that he could pee on there too. I had just peed and now I was feeling some pressure, but not in the right place. I drank the rest of my water bottle and made my way to the bathroom.  Odin was following me and I think I was singing, "Potty time, potty time, for everyone, it's potty time." 

I walked into the shower, stepping on the grass and dropping my shorts. Odin stopped at the bathroom door and wouldn't come in and he ran away.  I tried to get him to come in and watch, but I guess he knew better and wanted nothing to do with the show.  Here's a picture of him turning away from the bathroom.


I was really ready to go and wife told me that she didn't want Odin to watch, she wanted me to pee a little and then have him smell it. She walked away and I tried to pee a little bit, which isn't really that easy for a guy to do.  Mission accomplished and she brought Odin in for the "Smell test." It was pretty fast and he really had to pee a lot and he probably figured, "I don't what this is, but it smells funny, but this must be a popular place to pee."

So now I know, a dog will pee inside if you pee on grass in your shower. Is this really what thousands of dog owners are doing today?



No comments:

Post a Comment