Thursday, September 29, 2022

Sunset in The South

With a hurricane making it's way towards South Carolina (We're only getting heavy rain and winds Thursday night and Friday, so we'll be fine), I thought it would be a good time to talk about the great weather we have.  I've been amazed at the sunrises I've seen, the thick and unusual clouds and also some unbelievable sunsets.  A helicopter pilot once told me that when you see an orange sky, a storm is coming. I'm sure somewhere up north you can get skies like this, but I don't know where.

The last two nights in Myrtle Beach and Pawleys Island, (Just south of us), the sunsets have been stunning, but maybe stunning isn't incredible enough of a description.  Many people took pictures and posted a slew of pictures online, some which did not look real.  Below is exhibit A., the large ferris wheel in the downtown area of Myrtle Beach.  If this doesn't make a cover for a tourism brochure, someone is not paying attention.


Just a routine, normal, purple, sky picture can't compare to the ferris wheel above:


I saw this sky driving home through Pawleys Island and I would have taken a picture, but I thought I heard one of my daughters yell out, "Don't take a picture when you're driving!" The voice came hundreds of miles away and since I was on a bridge, I did not take this one either.  You are not going to see a more beautiful sky than this. I think my orange car probably looked even better with this as a background.


And finally, a picture that does not look real and would make an incredible framed picture in someone's living room instead of a television set. Can you imagine looking at this picture every day in your living room? 


By the way, I didn't write this blog for you, I just wanted to see how great these pictures looked in my e-mail when I got this blog.  




No comments:

Post a Comment