Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Thirteen $5 Bills

Another blog about cash? Well, it could have been about chicken, but it is cash again.  Last week I blogged about the number 13 not being unlucky and the other day the number came up again.  I went to get an oil change for my wife's Subaru. The last time I went there I brought cash and they took it, so I brought some cash again.

As I sat in the waiting room I figured I would straighten up my wallet and when I opened it, this is what I found below:

                                                    

I always keep a few $5 bills in my wallet so I can give change to a rider for tips, but somehow I accumulated thirteen of them. Six of them is plenty, but I guess I got some $5 bills for tips and I didn't empty my wallet.

When it was time to pay for the oil change, I used the coupon my wife gave me. Of course this was good and I was spending less cash which is sort of a hobby for me now.  I forgot what happened last time, they don't have cash right there, because very few if anyone pays cash. The guy said he has to go to the next building to get my change and about five minutes later he returned and I left.

Next time I have to bring cash and change. Sometimes, it's really hard work being a consumer.

No comments:

Post a Comment