Sunday, October 16, 2022

My "Great" Throw From Left Field

Welcome to the end of the baseball season! Lately, it has been terrific to watch, although I don't have a television.  I've been watching a lot of highlights and between the Yankees and Mets making the playoffs and Yankee Aaron Judge breaking a 61 year-old record, it is a great time to be a baseball fan.

However, I should tell you this-I'm not sure I ever played left field in a baseball game.  The reason is simple, the left fielder is usually one of the best players on the team, because more fly balls go there and need to be caught. How did I make a "great" throw from left field if I've never played there? 

As the infamous TV detective, Adrian Monk, usually said, "Here's what happened:" Monday is my favorite day of the week. Since I typically work Friday, Saturday and Sunday, I'm always up early on Monday to get a lot done. During the night I switched to the second bedroom and then I woke up, looked at my phone, and it was around 6 am.

It was perfect and I was going to get up and start my day.  Suddenly, I was in left field in a stadium. One of the players on my team had moved over from center field and he was almost standing in front of me.  He was big, maybe it was Aaron Judge?  There was a ball hit and he didn't run after it, obviously not Aaron Judge. I ran to my right and picked up the ball and made the throw.

It wasn't a good throw, because I heard a clang and woke up in my bed. I turned the light on to find my phone which had landed on the dresser a short distance away. It was 6:25, I had slept another 20 minutes! The phone worked and it wasn't cracked, I knew I didn't throw it well.

There was a window just to my right, so it was a pretty great throw since it didn't go through the window. But, the big question was, who was I throwing to? Maybe the who was on first?




No comments:

Post a Comment