Saturday, October 29, 2022

Things You Usually Don't See-Part 2

 Continuing by last blog, these are a few more unusual pictures:


At the wedding I dropped a piece of cheese into my cup of water, accidentally. The cup is sitting on a plate with more cheese on the top right side. It's one thing to drop something small in a cup, but this piece of cheese looks a lot bigger from this angle.



I started walking up the stairs to go into the antique store and something caught my eye. It was not the cat in the picture. Sitting right there in front of the cat was eighty-eight cents in change stacked neatly, which of course the cat is watching. Since I used to pick up a lot of change, I was tempted to collect it, but I was puzzled why it was there. I asked the owner of the store and she said she gave that change to a woman this morning. I guess she was trying to give it back?


Right near the antique place was a chocolate store that had been around for 125 years.  When we walked in I immediately saw this behind a clear window.  There were some women working in there, but what struck me was the conveyer belt in the back on both sides of the picture is very light brown. It reminded me of the famous "I Love Lucy" scene where Lucy is trying to keep up with taking candy off the conveyer belt. I was told they don't use it anymore, but what tourist activity that would be: pay $5 and in a couple minutes try to take candy off the conveyer belt like Lucy. I would have done it and ate the chocolate too.


The wedding was in a winery right next to the cornfields.  Being a big fan of  the "Field of Dreams" movie, I couldn't help but get out of the car and walk up to them and snap this picture.


Finally, if you ever want to get out of a hotel room quietly in the dark when someone else is sleeping, this is the one thing that makes that a "Mission Impossible."  This is a close up look at the lock on the front door, it almost always makes a loud click. No matter how quiet you are sneaking out, this click will wake anyone up.

No comments:

Post a Comment