Thursday, October 27, 2022

Some Things You Usually Don't See-Part 1

When I travel anywhere I make it a point of looking for things that are a little different.  Some of these things you may have seen before, but you may not have seen a picture of them.  Take a look: 


When you eat in a restaurant you sometimes wish someone else was sitting near you.  We entered the brewery and it was a little different looking. It was redone inside, but it was previously a very old building. They already had the Halloween decorations up and right across from me was the this guy. I tried to ignore it, but it was right there.


My son and daughter-in-law who were just married, will be driving back to Colorado in this cute school bus. In addition to it saying "Just Married" on the back side window, it also has it on the very back window.  I've seen a lot of cars that say, "Just Married," but this is my first school bus.


The day before the wedding, my wife and I went to a car wash.  It was not one of the real fancy, new ones, but this is the first "real" car wash I've been to in my maybe two decades. I wasn't really sure what to do, but as with many things, my wife got me through it.  This picture looks like a real heavy downpour, but it was just cleaning the car.


How about a vintage pillow of The Beatles? We saw it in an antique store and it was "only" $45. My wife said I should get it and I would of for $25, but not $45. They had a number of Beatle books and also some teen magazines from the sixties which were pretty interesting to look at.


Eating at an Italian restaurant in a small town in Pennsylvania, we all watched this old-style train pull into the station and let people off. It looks like the kind of train that would pull into Willoughby, the focus of one of my favorite "Twilight Zone" episodes.  It would have been fun to take a short ride on it-maybe next time.


I've written many times about how difficult a time I have spending cash, but this was a different spin on it. We had brought a lot of cash to pay for meals, but we found ourselves going out to dinner with a group of people going to the wedding. They wanted to take us to the gun club. I thought it was a steak place. I knew we didn't bring enough cash, but that wasn't the problem. At the last moment, we were told it was, "Cash only." I couldn't believe it, I didn't know places like that existed. There was an ATM there, but we were shocked by the menu. Since it was a club, the prices were ridiculously low. It was mainly bar food. This part of the menu were the appetizers, but the main meals were all $3-$4. We left a big tip and we only spent $20 in cash, which still doesn't make sense to me. We had about $50 in cash we could have spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment