Friday, March 10, 2023

The Sunshine Award

Sometimes good things happen in unusual ways. Last year I appeared on a YouTube show called, "Show Me The Money," about Uber, Lyft and other drivers in the gig economy.  Sergio, who was one of the two drivers running the show, has become a friend of mine and we have talked, texted, and e-mailed a lot.

A week ago on his show he told a story about his wife who was delivering food for Uber Eats and she had a big problem. The credit card that she needed to use for a big order for Uber Eats did not work and was told by Uber Eats she could cancel the order and receive only a few dollars.  She had spent a lot of time and effort doing this so she came up with another option and used her own credit card for $160.  She did not get paid right away and although I was sure she would get paid, I offered to pay it because she went the extra mile for her customer.

She did get paid, but it gave me the idea that for what she did, she should get more than that.  I sent Sergio an idea that they have a contest on their show and every month one driver is selected to win $100 and I offered to pay the award.  I said they could call it "The Show Me The Extra Mile Award," or the Sunshine Award.  Everyone thought it was a great idea and since it promoted the show, they would pay the award out and I would select the winner each month this year starting with March.

Below are the graphics they put together and it was announced Tuesday night. It would have been nice to put my face inside of the sun, don't you think? It's going to be a lot of fun giving out this award each month!




No comments:

Post a Comment