Thursday, June 22, 2023

Who Is Talking in Your Kitchen?

It's a pretty easy question, right? I mean you always know who is in your kitchen, or do you? The other  morning just after 6 am, I honestly did not know.  When something unusual happens I always like to look at the possibilities and figure out what was the most likely answer and maybe you can help me get the right answer.

HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED: I woke up in my office where I usually get my last few hours of sleep.  I had a good night's sleep and walked into the bathroom outside my office. Coming out of the bathroom, I walked towards the kitchen to get my water bottle and that is when I heard voices. (The voice did not say I should build a baseball field as in the movie, "Field of Dreams")

There were two voices, one male and one female and they were LOUD. I am always quiet in the morning because my wife and dog are sleeping. They were not speaking English.  I thought it was Manderin. (My wife said I have to put Manderin, but I've never thought or said the word in my life. It sounded Japanese or Asian?) 

The voices lasted a second or two and as I walked into the kitchen it was quiet. I stood there looking around very puzzled.  We have no TV and there's no radio, so I ruled that out immediately.  My wife's phone was in the bedroom on the other side of the kitchen. The door was closed and it sounded like it came from the kitchen. I did not hear the same sound the rest of the day.  



When my wife woke up two hours later, I told her the story and she laughed.  Here are the possibilities:

A. My wife was charging two different phones, one of them had the volume off and no sim card.

B. The second phone had the volume on and no sim card.

C. Her laptop was off and on the counter.

D. Her phone was next to her bed and she did not hear any loud noises and the sound I heard was not behind a closed door.

E. My phone was in my pocket and the sound was off and it was not coming from me.

F. I checked the pantry in the kitchen and there was no one there.

G. The windows and porch door were closed, it did not come from outside and I don't believe our neighbors speak another language. Their three dogs bark, but do not speak another language other than "Dog."

The only logic explanation is B. If there is no sim card, can something suddenly come on the phone for a second or two?

I have no idea, but unless you come up with some other explanation, that's what I'm going with. Waking up early while everyone's sleeping is really going to be fun now.


No comments:

Post a Comment