Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Most Memorable Rider Comments in June

The couple with no children has 7 rafts, about 7 beach umbrellas, and around 15 beach chairs.  He joked, "We're living the luxury of life and you don't have it."

She: "My sister owns a dental lab.  My kids thought they didn't have to brush or floss because Aunty would get them new teeth."

She: "My dad, (80 years old), pulled the recliner one inch from the TV screen, turned up the volume, and was watching a documentary on the octopus at 3 am. He wanted it to be like he was at the movies."

She: "A week before our honeymoon I told my husband he was too hairy and I waxed off a lot of his hair on his chest.  His nipples were bleeding and he was crying." (She has never seen Steve Carrell in the movie, "The 40-year-old Virgin.")

Talking about his girlfriend next to him, he said, "She's too gorgeous to have a sense of humor."

She: "I was told that Myrtle Beach is warm, but the people are warmer."

"I grew up a big Red Sox fan, but when they started winning I went over the the dark side and became a Yankee fan."

Meeting a 24 year-old year girl on vacation, the 30 year old guy said, "She makes me feel like I'm in high school." (In a good way)

She was tired, had not eaten late in the afternoon, had not had anything to drink and I brought her home after leaving her boyfriend in hospice care at the hospital. She said to me,  "I am a local, I get the 15% local discount."

She: "She was a jailer, she tried to get them to Jesus, but it didn't always work."

The very successful and well known chef has worked all around the world. He said, "I prefer living in Myrtle Beach because I'm a nobody here."

"My mom was a big Red Sox fan and every Christmas she would buy a Red Sox ornament and put it on the tree.  Since she passed away, I have a second tree that I decorate with with just Red Sox stuff." (Yankee fan now)

He: "In 2004 when I was serving in Iraq I was given an Iraqi bill with Saddam on it and I've kept it for good luck."

Woman living in Myrtle Beach two years from the northeast, surprised me when she said, "I haven't found people to be very friendly here."

Backing out of the driveway I had to watch out for their friend's little dog.  He said, "Don't worry about it, it's 16 years old, it's time to go." Me: "How can I go home and tell my wife I ran over a dog?" He: "Don't tell her."

She: "My parents met in a high school parking lot.  He was trying to get her attention and he bumped into her car with his car."

He: "The worst ship ever built was not the Titanic, it was partnership."

She: "I sell security systems by phone and I beat out all 18 men who sell in the field and I've won two trips to Hawaii and one to Mexico."

Female dentist: "Five per cent of my patients are a nightmare, always complaining about something."

She: "I exude what I want to get back."

Explaining how it's important to be in touch with nature and walk on grass, he quoted a country song from Eric Church, " Walking barefoot in the mud takes the rust off your soul."

"My driver told me that she took someone to New Jersey from the Charleston area and the guy bought her food, paid for a hotel room and she cleared $750 for the trip."

Cleveland Browns fan, "When they win the Super Bowl, they'll probably burn down the city. I may burn my house down."

Same Cleveland Browns fan, "I have friends who have a bank account for Super Bowl tickets one day when the Browns make it and their wives know what the money is for."

The owner of the HVAC company arrived at a wealthy woman's house: "She was in a panic and angry and told me she was dying from the heat.  I said that air conditioning has only been around for 100 years and mankind has been around 10,000 years and she was going to make it. She said, 'You're a wise ass.'"

The young woman had been struggling with her fear of driving, so I gave her some advice. Ending the ride she said, "I love you so much, you're the best one ever." (Driver)


Aerin: She told me, "My mom couldn't decide between an "a" or "e" until she saw a magazine article that said said Estee Lauder's granddaughter's name was spelled like this."

Explaining that her parents moved she said, "My parents ran away from home."

Mourning the loss of her dad last year, the young woman on Father's Day said, "When you're angry you can't see the light."

Me: "What do you do for work?"  She: "I run colleges. I manage three colleges in three different states."

In the pool business he had an off day on a Sunday: "A millionaire woman called, texted and had an emergency that her heater wasn't working in her pool. I explained to her that at 6 pm on a Sunday I could not get someone to go out there and fix it and it wasn't an emergency."

The woman from Charleston said, "Myrtle Beach is cleaner and the landscape is better than Charleston."

I asked the man who will be celebrating 40 years of marriage next month, "What's the secret of a successful marriage?" He said, "Communication, you have to talk about things. Sometimes my wife, who is Italian, says to me, 'What's the matter with you?'"

Microbiologist: "I get to nerd out all day."

He: "I work with people in Spain and they are very chill."

"I know a guy named Real whose last name is Deal." So, he's the real deal.

The woman from China said, "China is a cashless society. I didn't use it for six months."

She: "I run child care for people who are at conventions."

He: "I grew up living next to the Mara family." (Who owns the football Giants)

Builder in Myrtle Beach, "It's tough to find land to build another house."

I asked her, "Have you noticed a difference down here compared to up North?" She: "They're as slow as s_ _ _."


ABOUT ME

"I love your energy and vibe."

Getting out of my car he said, "It feels like I learned something."

She: "I love that."

She: "I appreciate the display."

He: "Thanks for the stories."

He: "That was the most interesting ride we've had."

She: "You're the most passionate Uber I've ever had."

No comments:

Post a Comment