Thursday, August 24, 2023

Eating Through My Birthday Week

My wife decided last week to have some of my favorite meals and foods all week during my birthday and it was really good.  I didn't want you to miss out on the food, so here are some pictures and a few comments about each.


There is nothing fancy about a bagel, cream cheese and lox, but the taste is incredible.  My favorite bagel is cinnamon raisin which some people don't think mixes well with lox, but it works for me.  I did have two and the one in the back I got a bite in so taking the picture really tasted good too.


We did have burgers the second night which was good, but it's not really a favorite food of mine.  However, the next night was this big roaster chicken.  I did not eat the whole thing, but I'd like to one day.  I started with a couple drumsticks and then worked on the carcass.  The leftover chicken that my wife did not eat, turned into a terrific sandwich on Friday for lunch on the road and also dominated a salad for another dinner.  It's 7 am right now and I'd have no problem eating a couple more drumsticks.  I think I can still smell the chicken in the house six days later.


I took a couple bites of this giant turkey drumstick before snapping the picture.  It may not be as big as the Disney drumsticks, but it was delicious.  I was just thinking how much fun it would be one week to have a turkey drumstick with a regular dinner every night of the week.  Yes, I am getting hungrier writing this, maybe I should have had breakfast first?


What could be better to round out the week than a plate of very large pieces of chicken parmesan? I  had two that night with pasta and one the next night with pasta.  We put two away in the freezer for another night in the future. How long would it take to defrost a piece? Can I eat it before my wife wakes up?


My wife decided to surprise me by making a chocolate cake from scratch.  I hadn't had a good chocolate cake in weeks, so I did not object.  The icing had a coffee taste to it and this was a great way to wash the chicken parmesan down-with milk too, of course.

We did not finish this in one sitting and the next night I had another good piece and I left the rest for my wife to eat the next day.  Sitting at breakfast after eating eggs, my wife told me that I could have the rest of the cake.  It was 9:30 am and I was still hungry so.....   Below was the final part of my birthday week of eating my favorite foods. (Don't worry I got the pint of Haagen-Dazs coffee ice cream in earlier in the week, but I ate it too fast to take a picture)


I only gained two pounds all week, is that even possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment