Friday, December 1, 2023

Have You Ever Woke Up Looking Like an Alien?(spelling correction in title)

Have you ever woken up in the morning and looked in the mirror and you scared yourself? Did you look so bad or scary that you looked like an alien? Did you ever give it a thought that something was really wrong with you?

After our first day of driving nine hours to Tennessee, we went to sleep pretty exhausted.  The next morning I got up without an alarm and went into the bathroom.  Throwing some water on my face and stretching a little I did not notice who was in the mirror.

Of course I knew who it was, but when I looked in the mirror I was shocked. No, I didn't look like the alien pictured below, that would have been a bit much.  When I looked at my eyes, they looked odd.  My eyes were square, both of them.  I threw more water on my face and took another look-my eyes were square.

I'm not the most observant person, but even I would have noticed that my eyes were square. Did I eat something yesterday? Am I having a reaction to the medicine I'm taking? Am I imagining it? I'm not one to start listing negative answers, but I was 600 miles from home with 1,200 miles to go to Colorado.

About thirty minutes later my wife woke up and I broke the news to her gently, "I look like an alien. I looked in the mirror in the bathroom and my eyes are square."  Very calmly and casually she said, "Your eyes are fine, it's the lights reflecting in the mirror, the lights are square." When I looked into the living room mirror, I knew she was right again.  The next night our bathroom mirror had two rows and that's how my eyes looked.  No problem, I knew I was fine. 

If I looked like the alien below, I'm sure my wife would not have responded so calmly.  The next time you look in the mirror after just getting up, remember, it could be much worse.




No comments:

Post a Comment