Thursday, January 4, 2024

My Most Memorable Rider Comments in December

Retired Army guy: "Every male in my family since the Revolutionary War has been in the military and no one was talked into it.""

I asked her, "What do you do for work?" She answered, "I'm a lazy ex-mother of four."

His friend is a Cleveland Browns fan and told him, "When I die I want 6 pallbearers who are Cleveland Browns players, so they can let me down one more time."

The man from Haiti, "In my country women always comes first.  If you want to make love, she has to start it."

His first name is King and he said, "My sons' names are King Khamai and King Khari. My first son I didn't name and it's Alexander, but I would have named him King Alexander."

She: "An upscale cosmetics store in downtown Charleston did $900,000 in sales on Good Friday from 10 am to 7 pm."

Talking about the two bridges before the Ravenel Bridge in Charleston was built, he said, "One of those bridges got an official rating of 2 out of 100. I was stuck on it during an accident and when I looked down I could actually see through the concrete."

She: "My mother-in-law had 19 kids and they all are great people, no problems. When the ambulance was coming for her, they used to tell them to keep the siren off so it wouldn't wake the kids."

She: "My parents were sitting in a McDonalds when they decided to name me, "September." When I was younger my mom tried to set me up with a guy whose last name was October.  I could have been, September October."

He: "When I was 15, I caddied for Mickey Mantle at a charity event. He bet me that he would birdie a hole and when he didn't he took out a dollar bill and signed it, 'You were lucky Kevin."

He: "I was a Bush Pilot in Alaska for two years. It may be the only place in the world it's safe flying ten feet from earth in bad weather. They say when you go to Alaska to be a Bush Pilot you bring a bag of luck and you fill the bag up with experience before your luck runs out."

He: "I've lost about 100 pounds at work the last two years." He's a concrete crusher.

"The mayor of Mt. Pleasant wanted the Ravenel Bridge to have an option for tracks to go over it twenty years down the road, but it didn't go through."

He: "My birth certificate says Mrman, because my parents were supportive of The Black Panthers in New York." 

Woman from Texas: "I've sat in a restaurant many times and wondered how everyone else in the restaurant got to be in that restaurant at that point in their life."

He: "My older brother always told me that only bad things happen in small moments."

He: "I hope the real estate market crashes, they make too much money."

When his sister moved to Alaska, she told her son one day, "We have to sign up tomorrow for school." Her eight-year-old said, "We have to go to school here?"

He: "I went to school in Montana on a snowboarding full scholarship."

In the healthcare field he said, "I know of one Behavioral Hospital advertising a nursing job for $100,000."

She: "I named my dog sunny, because he brings sunshine into my life."

Him: "I grew my duck feathers a long time ago." (You can say anything you want it, it won't bother me)

She used to work on movies as an assistant director and said, "Actors are ass-." I told Harrison Ford that I haven't watched him in "Star Wars" or "Indiana Jones" and I think that's why he liked me. He was one of the best I worked with."

She: "I'm going somewhere else on New Year's Eve, because I can't make Hoppin' John to save my life."

As his wife was buying my book from me, he made us laugh when he said, "I read to her when she takes a bath."

The judge said, "Getting old is like a roll of toilet paper. When you get close to the end, it goes quicker."

On the app he sent me, "Will tip you $5 if you do this." My reply in person, "We're not going to rob a bank are we?" Him: "No, I have money." (Tipped $10)


                                                            MORE COMMENTS

After ten years in the military, he said, "It's not all rainbows and butterflies. They don't prepare you for getting out."

Coming from Brazil five years ago, he said, "South Carolina saved my life."

She: "My grandmother gave me the name Pitchenellia, because she had a friend with that name."

She said, "We tried for three straight days to sign up with Lyft so we could get rides, but they wouldn't let us. Lyft sucks."

National guardsman: "When I was in Kuwait, the temperature could go up to 115-125 degrees.  I didn't mind getting up early and getting some things done before the sun came up."

Pastor today: "When I became legally blind I lost my job and went on short-term disability.  When it was ending, I was surprised to find out I was going to be put on long-term disability because they had taken a dollar or so out of my paycheck every time for it.  I wound up getting 60% of my pay."

He: "When I was kid my dad loved Dan Marino and I sent him a letter and he sent me an autographed picture and my dad still has it hanging on a wall today."

"I build scaffolds; sometimes I go up 400 feet."

The British guy in the United States for three years, "I lean more to being American. I love being free. You can do almost anything you want as long as you're not hurting anyone."

The dentist said, "When I was 16, I was painting houses and decided I wanted to be a dentist.  I took off from work and spent a week in a dental office. I've had a number of people shadow me over the years."

The young, female ER nurse said, "I absolutely love my job. It's so interesting and I get to learn something every day."

He said, "Music is like a decoration of time." (There is a famous quote similar to this by Jean-Michel Basquiat- "Music is how we decorate time.")

A mom: "Things are so expensive. My eight-year-old wants a toy boat and it cost $55."

The Uber driver told him, "Only three of the last 100 riders were originally from South Carolina."

Him: "I brought a Navy sword here for a military wedding, it's a tradition."

Cadvan: "It's a Welsh family name that means defender of faith. With it you either become a fighter or a politician."

She:" I've been an organ procurer for twenty years."

He: "Unique is good."

Living near Philly he became a Yankee fan because, "Of the sports culture in Philly.  Players voted Philly the worst sports town."


ABOUT MY CAR

As he got in the car, he said, "Who's this?" I told him that her name was Lily and she was from Kansas.  He said, "My name is Lilly and my cat is Lillian."  When he was in his twenties, he had a friend who had a big mannequin that he called Fifi. "He used to dress her up in different clothes."

She said, "I have a mannequin too, but she doesn't have a head, her name is Magnolia.  I dressed up a second mannequin with a head as Ms. Piggy for Halloween and a guy who had too much too drink sat down and tried to talk to her and had a picture taken with her."

"Wow, you have an interesting car."

She: "Your car is so beautiful."

After looking at everything in my car, he said, "There's no way you're not going to have a conversation."

Getting out of the car he said, "Keep getting these collectibles."


ABOUT ME

Getting out of the car, he said, "Keep choosing to be the sunshine, because so few people do."

He said, "You're the best Uber driver in the world."

She said, "You really love your job."

"It was such a pleasure talking with you."

"This was a great ride."

On her birthday she said, "This is the best ride ever."

"This was the best Uber experience I've ever had."

"Thanks for the conversation."

He said, "The conversation was lovely."

She: "This was a wonderful ride, a great ride. Continue being your awesome self."

No comments:

Post a Comment