Wednesday, September 4, 2019

How Many Windshield Wipers Do You Need On The Front of Your Car?

You're probably saying that you need two if you're going to be driving, but what if you don't have two? Last week I was driving and there was a few raindrops and I turned on my wipers and heard a scraping sound that really scared me.  My right wiper on the passenger side was no longer there.

How do you lose a wiper? I guess if it was loose it could fall off or maybe someone took it off? It does seem unlikely, but my wipers snap on, so I'd have to go with someone took it off.  I'm not going to speculate why, but I found myself with only one wiper as it started to rain.

Fortunately, my other wiper is very large since I have a van and it covered most of my front window.  I didn't want to hear that scraping sound so I had to resist turning on the wipers as it started to rain.  It is  difficult to do, since you frequently do it without thinking.

From time to time I did turn it on and I got through the drive with only one wiper blade.  It's not recommended, but it can be done safely.  I did get two new wipers so I am ready for the next rain which will be a hurricane.  I'm pretty sure I won't be driving in it, no need to worry.  I just hope I can keep two wiper blades on my front window in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment