Monday, September 16, 2019

Random Thoughts As I Drove North To NJ

Northerners Drive Faster: It's not even close.  I am not a fast driver, so when cars are driving 10-25 miles per hour faster, I always notice. The highway was filled with drivers driving over the speed limit, not nearly as many who do that in South Carolina.

You Have To Watch The Gas Prices: There are so many exits on 95 and you will see just about everything when it comes to gas prices.  I expected the prices to rise significantly as I headed north and they did, but some exits had stations with prices far exceeding the previous or the next exit.  It's easy to pull off and get gas at the most expensive station.

Most Things Are Cheaper In The South: From time to time I get a fountain soda in a convenience store and I pay $.87 in South Carolina.  When I pulled over in Maryland I wound up paying $2.01, which is ridiculous.

McDonald's Still Has The Best Fries-I had a craving on Friday night and since I had two hot dogs for dinner, I decided that french fries would go great with the hot dogs.  I lucked out and got french fries from McDonald's which were just made.  It was hot, hot, hot.  It was outstanding and it was worth paying an "arm and a leg."  By the way, they do charge an "arm and a leg," but it does not matter, they are that good..

Heading North Is Easier Than Heading South-The traffic is lighter heading North, maybe because less people want to go there and more people want to head south?

Pulling Into A Rest Area: It does not matter what time of the day or night you go, there are other crazy people who are also pulling into a rest area.


No comments:

Post a Comment