Wednesday, February 12, 2020

It's Girlfriend's Day?

I have to confess that I never heard about this day and it's possible that some of you haven't heard about it either.  I would have guessed that it's the day that a couple girls who are friends, go out and have a good time somewhere doing something.  You know, a girl's day or night and that's that.  It's a lot more interesting than that.

Thursday is February 13th and it's girlfriend's day, or so I've been told.  I tried to look this up and I came up empty, no information available.  Supposedly, "girlfriend's day" is recognized in the restaurant business as the day before Valentine's Day.  A married guy will bring his girlfriend into a restaurant to celebrate the holiday and then the next day he brings his wife into the same restaurant to celebrate the same holiday.

Somehow, this is not unusual.  What bothers me the most is that this bright guy is going to the same restaurant two days in the row with two different women.  Besides being a jerk, let's face it-he's an idiot.  There are no other restaurants you can go to? Seriously? Where are you living?  Somehow you are able to manage to keep a girlfriend secret from your wife, but you can't pick a different restaurant?

I'm frequently reminded of the funny quote from one of my riders this year.  He said, "sometimes you just have to get the stupid out of people."  Please hurry and get it done-these guys are idiots.

No comments:

Post a Comment